Daniel Vincent Gordh
Daniel Vincent Gordh is a Los Angeles-based actor, comedian, and writer. He is best known for his work on the web, particularly for playing the role of William Darcy in the critically acclaimed 2013 Primetime Emmy Award-winning series “The Lizzie Bennet Diaries”, a Vlog-style adaptation of Pride and Prejudice. His performance in the iconic role of the awkward, robotic, hyper-rich and misunderstood William Darcy just earned him a nomination for the 2014 Streamy Award for Best Actor in a Drama coming up on September 7th. In a CBS Poll for the 200th anniversary of Pride and Prejudice, Daniel beat out Colin Firth and Matthew Macfayden and was voted “Favorite Darcy”. Daniel was also a finalist for a Shorty Award for Best Actor in Social Media. The series has been praised for mixing high quality production-quality with a highly interactive experience, giving it among the most dedicated followings in New Media, an entire fandom of its own with fan art, fan fiction, cosplay, and conventions. The series also lead to multiple spin-off series, sparked a new rise in literary Vlog-style adaptations, has been used extensively in high school english classrooms, and lead to a companion novel “The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet“. Daniel reprised his role as Darcy in Pemberley Digital’s next cutting edge interactive series, “Welcome to Sanditon“. Daniel also starred as Thomas in the highly-improvised “Hollywood Acting Studio”, a STARZ digital series that he also co-produced, Blip TV’s IAWTV Award nominated “Hipsterhood”, and played Nightwing in Machinima’s hit digital short “The Dark Knight Legacy”. Daniel is currently working on LOGO TV’s cult hit “Eastsiders”.
Daniel is also an adept comedian and is currently being featured as comedy juggernaut Cracked.com’s first ever Comedian-in-Residence. Daniel is also a founding member of The Natural Disastronauts sketch comedy troupe and has produced, starred in, and directed countless sketches and two popular web series for the site, which have garnered well over 10 million views web-wide.
Last year Daniel had the opportunity to perform a reading from the global phenomonon “The Fault in Our Stars” at a sold-out Carnegie Hall with co-star Ashley Clements, and also starred as Del in the LA Premiere of Michael Golamco’s “Cowboy Vs. Samurai” at The Rosenthal theatre. Daniel played Harry Houdini in the world premiere reading of the Musical “Bermuda” opposite Bryce Dallas Howard and Josh Gad. Daniel has appeared in TV shows such as “Cold Case”, and “Mad Men” and feature films such as “Black Velvet” and “Night Watcher”. Daniel also narrates the audiobook for the best-selling young adult series “House of Secrets” from legendary director Chris Colombus’ & Ned Vizzini. He is also a dinosaur enthusiast and avid collector of memories.
Daniel Vincent Gordh appears in the following episodes:
- Episode 60: Are you kidding me! November 1, 2012
- Episode 61: Yeah I Know November 5, 2012
- Episode 78: The Lizzie Trap January 10, 2013
- Episode 80: Hyper-Mediation in New Media January 17, 2013
- Episode 83: Corporate Interview January 28, 2013
- Episode 84: Ugh January 31, 2013
- Domino: Episode 2 – Messages February 1, 2013
- Domino: Episode 3 – Tracking February 5, 2013
- Domino: Episode 5 – If Else February 12, 2013
- Domino: Episode 6 – Return February 15, 2013
- Episode 98: Gratitude March 21, 2013
- Episode QA10: Lizzie and Darcy March 23, 2013
- Episode 99: Future Talk March 25, 2013
- Episode 26 – Packet Loss August 8, 2013
- The Lizzie Bennet Diaries Blooper Reel February 4, 2015
- The LBD Ep. 99 Commentary w/ Hank Green & Bernie Su March 25, 2015